We wrote not so long ago about our partnership with St. Elizabeth to create a health tech track in UpTech. I wanted to take this opportunity to clarify the UpTech 7 Health Tech track by providing some very real challenges where St. Elizabeth would love to see startup solutions. As mentioned in our St. Elizabeth + UpTech 7 Health Tech Track post, solutions for consideration will focus on the business of healthcare and not clinical applications.
Health Tech Track Focus Areas:
- Knowledge – Consumers need instant or quick answers to questions.
- Convenience is King – Consumers do not want to wait for service.
- Price Transparency – consumers want to know the full and final cost.
- Simplicity – Making complex concepts and situations easy to understand.
- Relationship – Consumers want to feel connected and not transactional.
- Feel Better – Consumers want to feel their healthiest no matter the situation.
- Navigation – Helping patients (and families) understand the process of health and healthcare.
- Engagement – Patients feel connected and knowledgable of where they are in their treatment journey.
- Communication – Enabling patients to be connected at every step of the way with those providing care.
- Convenience – Telemedicine and same-day care are convenient. How do you enable more convenience in more areas?
We hope this helps you, as startup founders, as you consider applying to UpTech 7.